Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gouache studies

Still life study in gouache


I became very interested in gouache, in the last few weeks.  With all my researching and inquires made to fellow bloggers.  I purchased a set of Holbein artist gouache which I received  today.  It's a challenging medium, like anything that is new, it's takes some time to understand .  So it's a process.  My first is a quickie done this morning.  I wanted to achieve a watercolor look.  And that's what so great about this medium, it can be made to look like a watercolor painting or more opaque such as an oil.  So hence, my fascination in learning all I can.  I also have a Winsor Newton Designer gouache set on it' way.  So there you have it, happy painting everyone.




3 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

It is intriguing how an opaque medium can be made to look like watercolors. I think this is beautiful, Joan!

Nora MacPhail said...

Wonderful Joan. Have you heard of the artist Donna Zagotta? She works with gouache and her stuff is awesome. Perhaps she'll inspire you like she did me.
Happy Painting.

Joan T said...

Enjoy your new paints. This looks great!