Monday, March 3, 2014

Frank Ward Melville Park

Frank Ward Melville Park 
I have been trying to keep up with my journal entries in between painting in oil. When there isn't enough time in the course of a day to paint, these journal sketches are a great way to sooth the artist soul. I am sure all of you feel the same, when a day goes by without a pen, pencil or brush in hand, it can make an artist very cranky.  This sketch was done in my Stillman&Birn 140lb. Beta Series sketch book.  Excellent paper for watercolor sketching.

3 comments:

Joan T said...

Love seeing your sketches of our familiar spots!!!

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a beautiful two page spread!

Debbie Nolan said...

This looks like it would make a lovely painting. Several bloggers have mentioned this sketch book by Stillman - must try finding one of these. Journal entries are always so inspiring even for later work. This certainly inspires me. Hope you are enjoying some spring like weather.