Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Port Jeff Today

Port Jeff Today

Do you know when something hits the spot, well today Port Jeff was that for me.
Mike, Mo, and me we went to Port Jefferson.  I sat and sketched from the dock.
Being so bored with the usual, this is such a wonderful experience, different not only in subject
but using tools that are challenging.  Holding a brush and painting in oils, is by no means
easy, all mediums have their pros and cons.  But sketching is so very important to aid in my oils
as well.  In other words, he can't hurt.  So that being said. I say, Happy Painting everyone.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

A wonderful sketch Joan. My sister took the ferry today from Conn to Port Jeff.....great spot to take out your watercolors. And a. Perfect day to be out !

hmuxo said...

A wonderful sketch Joan. My sister took the ferry today from Conn to Port Jeff.....great spot to take out your watercolors. And a. Perfect day to be out !

Joan Tavolott said...

Port Jeff is a fun place for sketching. Nice!!!